Is HPV a sexually transmitted disease?
Again, I couldn't find the answers to these questions, so I'm asking you. I am due for a gynecological exam in a few months but need answers now to rest my mind.
Thank you in advance for your help.
it is sexually transmitted, you may always have it
HPV is sexually transmitted and so you definitely got it through sexual contact.
Once you have the infection you most likely will always have it. It puts you at risk for cervical cancer so it is important to get pap smears regularly.
Some young women clear this infection but women over 30 usually do not clear it.
There is no treatment for it
Please let me know if you have further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oral sexually transmitted diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases in men
- Consequences of sexually transmitted diseases
- Treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Common sexually transmitted diseases
- Diagnosis of Sexually transmitted disease
- Is morganella a sexually transmitted disease
- Sexually transmitted disease causes
- Symptoms of Sexually transmitted disease
- Metallosis and sexually transmitted disease