• question-icon

Is HIV test done 60 days post exposure conclusive?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Sir, 2 months ago i had exposure with girl that is i hugged and kissed that girl and i have given some moves on her with my underwear and pants on and i ejaculated in my pants. After 7 days of exposure i had rashes (not like pimple ,those are in one rupee coin size and more) in my hands and thies. those are very reddish and itching and painfull when i tuched .and same time one pimple is appiered on my penis with itching after some days besides that rash is spreaded like i explained above.body rashes are gone now.but on my penis rash is still exist with the size of 5onp coin and itching and its not cause any wound .it removing only outer skin on the rash.i have cheched in the net regarding STDs but its not like herpes and genital warts and this rash on penis not spreading . And yester day i i have tested for hiv . Which came nagative.test name is westron blot and test methode is IMMNOBOLT METHOD.after 60 days of exposure can trust this results.
Now i am on 60 days of post exposure.can i trust this results?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your HIV risk is almost "nil"

Detailed Answer:
HI,
Welcome to HCM.
First of all, Hugging, kissing and ejaculating under pants and inner wear are not having any risk towards HIV/STD.
Deep kiss may have a negligible risk.
Hugging and close contact can spread skin disease, if she had any.
Fungal infection, bacterial infection and scabies can be transmitted and can cause rash or lesions. Without any exchange of body fluids or genito-genital contact, HIV/STD are unlikely.
For your skin problems, you can approach a dermatologist and get well soon.
Your description of lesions are not matching with any STD. If you want you can upload the picture of lesions.
Regarding the test You had Western blot test. It is an antibody detecting test. Window period for HIV (Time taken for the body to produce antibodies against HIV in the presence of an infection) may be delayed up to 12 weeks after the exposure. So the test will be more reliable after 12 weeks rather than 60 days.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 43 minutes later
Sir,
At the time of incidence i was top of her .the girl is completely naked and i made moves to ejaculate but my bith underwear and pant were on and ejaculated in my pants.after this i have experienced all of the symptoms which i mentioned above.is this related to any STD or can i take DNA PCR QUALITATIVE TEST?.
Please advice me.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to HIV/STD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
When you were on with your pants and inner wear, you are quite safe.
Your risk is almost nil.
Your symptoms are unlikely due to STD/HIV. There is nothing wrong in going for a qualitative RNA PCR or a HIV DNA PCR for your satisfaction.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Sir,
Is westron blot test is reliable after 3 months?.do you want me to take any STD test?.can you suggest any medicine for rash on my panis?.and can you please explain the symptoms of STD?.I am attaching picture for your reference.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to STDl.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Western blot, 3 months after the exposure is highly reliable. Tests for STD are not necessary for you.
Your rashes seems to be not related to any STD. Possibly it is due to some irritation or allergy to some application etc. Consult a dermatologist nearby and get well soon.
STD are more than 25 diseases. Manifestations differ. Genital ulcer, discharge and swelling of groin are the common manifestations due to STDs.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 11 hours later
Sir,
have sent you the picture of rash on my penis.could you please check it and tell what is the problem whether it is related to any STD? .can you prescribe any medicine for the rash ?.And according my exposure do you think any chance of getting HIV?.DO you want me to take another HIV test after 3 months?.
Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are not related to HIV infection or STD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Medicines can not be prescribed without seeing the patient in person.
I already had seen the pictures sent by you.
I was able to observe mild dermatitis, probably due to some irritation.
It is not mimicking any STD lesion.
Once again, I assure that your activity has no actual risk for HIV infection.
If you want to be sure, you have to repeat the HIV test once again 12 weeks after the sexual activity.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist