Is HIV spot test on 30th day conclusive of infection?

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Please tell me following i am confuse.

Trying this:
1) Day 1st : Sexual intercourse with Female(vaginal) Intercourse.
2) Day 2nd : Test : Immuno-Chromatography . - Not Found
3) Day 30th : HIV SPOT Test - NON Reactive
4) Day 35th : RNA QUALITATIVE - (Not Detected)

I want this answer from Doctor..
1) This RNA Qualitative test will Confirm HIV infection at 35th day after Sex with Female (vaginal) Intercourse.
2) This test can enough for hiV infection.
3) Now i have this prob
A) Dry Thoth
B) Swallowing Armpit And Neck.
C) hair loss
D) Paining shoulder, hands and legs finger..
E) little bit headache

Please guide me in details about my case...

Thanks you....

No Any Antibiotic Works.

--Thanks
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HIV infection not present

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

1. RNA Quantitative test is sensitive enough to detect the presence of HIV virus after 35 days of unprotected sexual intercourse.
As you have undergone the test, and the attached report says that HIV RNA is "NOT DETECTED", it indicates that you are completely safe.

2. This test is enough for detection of HIV virus. Negative result indicates that there are no virus detected.

3. The symptoms as mentioned in your post are not attributed to HIV infection.
Swelling in throat & armpit can be due to any respiratory tract infection which can be controlled with warm water gargle & a course of antibiotics.
The remaining symptoms that you are experiencing are all due to anxiety & panic.
So, please stop thinking too much about HIV infection.
Maintain a good hydration & nutrition status, get good sleep and avoid stress.

Wishing you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 20 hours later
Thanks a lot Dr Polash....
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for the appreciation

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for the appreciation.

Take good care of yourself.
Wishing you a healthy life.

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 22 hours later
All your help Is helpful for me,

But I want to says that ,

I am getting Antibiotic from One month because of throat pain (side of neck) but no cure this paining...

also paining when eating food ( when it pass from throat) and sounding of bones when movement of body...

Tell me about that

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly view the details

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for your follow up query.

A. The reason for persistence of throat pain inspite of taking antibiotics can be:
1. The throat pain is allergic in nature. In that case, antibiotics will have no effect & management will involve antihistamine preparations, warm water gargle & steam inhalation.
2. The organism causing the throat infection is resistance to the antibiotic you are taking at present. In that case, antibiotic for that particular organism need to be selected based on culture & sensitivity reports.
Kindly visit your treating Doctor/ ENT Specialist and discuss regarding this.

B. The sensation of sounding of bones during movement of body can be attributed to your poor health status & underlying tension for the past one month or more. It will show improvement once you start maintaining a good hydration & nutrition status and perform regular exercise.

Wishing you a good health.