Is HIV infection transmitted through contact with infected blanket?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: my tongue touched my blanket my blanket was washed but the blanket came in contact to environmental surfaces in the laundry any hiv hep b,c risk
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV or any other infection.

Detailed Answer:
Dear ZVC,

Welcome to HCM.

There is absolutely no risk of HIV or Hep B or HepC in your case as the exposure is non risky because even if the blanket is infected then also survival of virus outside the human body or in dried blood is very difficult and the virus will die within minutes only so just calm down and move on in life happily.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana