Is HIV infection possible after oral sex?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 22 Jun 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I visited 4-5 times in last 1 year different unisex saloons...did oral sex ...oral sex means hand job and put my fingers in lady's vargin without latex or condom but no wetness inside vargin..getting fear of hiv infection..HIV 1/2 tested from 2 renowned pathology...result non-reactive...worried...trying to avoid family members...when I will reach conclusion
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can get conclusive result after 3 months.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Pradip,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

The risk of getting HIV from oral sex or fingering is very unlikely and the test result from two different labs is also negative then you need not to worry about HIV. The window period for HIV infection varies from 15days to 3months so you can get the conclusive result after 3 months of exposure. Be relaxed, forget about the episode and move as the risk is practically nil. For any further query feel free to ask me.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Right now I am avoiding myself from family members...only worried if they got infected from me...a disturbance created in family...what to do
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is not possible.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Pradip,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The risk in your case is very unlikely so it is not possible that your family member will get infection from you so nothing to worry at all. You are absolutely safe and risk free so close this chapter here and move on in life.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj