Is HIV TriDot test conducted 3 months post exposure conclusive?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello Sir,

I have had several exposures with CSWs in the past 3 years. Inspite of knowing the dangers associated with it, i had become addicted to it. I was dying of anxiety from fear of HIV and still i would continue with the habit. As i am writing to you i am dying of guilt and anxiety. I have always used condoms to my knowledge but i am not sure about the usage when i was drunk. I could never muster the courage to go for a HIV test in those times. Finally i decided to put an end to this dangerous habit and i have come out of it now. My last exposure was 2 months back and i have taken a HIV test ( Tridot method) today in a local diagnostic centre. The result is negative. My question is how accurate is a Tridot method itself and when it is tested in a local diagnostic centre? And is the test conclusive for my window period? Please help me get out of this situation. My whole life has come to a standstill and i am spending every minute with guilt
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for HIV antibodies tests after 1 month to have conclusive results.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.

Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through the details and can make out your anxiety.

It is good that you have made up your mind to follow safety measures, and get tested.
There is risk of HIV transmission, if there are multiple partners.

Tridot method test is negative is a good sign. It is considered conclusive after 3 months risk exposure.
You can get this test again (or any HIV 1&2 antibodies tests )after 3 months exposure i.e 1 month from now to have conclusive results.
The chances of tests coming positive later is almost nil.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venereolgist

Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 7 minutes later
Thanks for the reply Doctor,

But

1. What is the accuracy of a TRIDOT test. I dont see much information about this test outside XXXXXXX

2. And is the test done properly in a local lab in a small town

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tridot is reliable.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

If it is done in a well maintained laboratory or accredited laboratory, it is reliable.
If you have any doubts you can get it done in recognized/accredited laboratory, after 3 months exposure.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti