• question-icon

Is HIV Elisa test done post 180 days of exposure conclusive?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hiv and other STD negative results but still lots of problem and increasing every passing day. Need suggestion and insight.
Elisa hiv 1-2 neg @ 180 days.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV 1 and 2 infection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Your non-reactive HIV ELISA after 180 days ruled out the possibility of HIV 1 and 2 infection. Whatever might be your symptoms, those are not related to HIV. Consult a good physician and look for other reasons for your problems. With examination and investigations he/she will cure your problems. Get well soon.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 41 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

I am completely in agrement with you , whatsoever happening to me is not hiv based on stats and results. But all the classic symptoms which i am experiencing are related to this.

Soar throat - persistant from 4 months
Feeling lump behind throat - 1 months
Burning tongue - 4 month
blood blister inside mouth - few times in last 4 weeks.
And the new one started from last week is-
Feeling to vomit after eating food or sometime before eating.
Shaking hands and legs - during sleep
Dizziness and fatigue.

Doctor before six month i was so healty and not able to experienced such problems ever in my life.my encounters were protected sex and unprotected oral. Aprart from
That no history at all.... If its not hiv and which other medical problem are creating such issues.
Other
t
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to HIV. Consult a physician and get well

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Protected Vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex carry low risk.
Your HIV result ruled out the possibility of HIV 1 and 2 infection.
Early HIV manifestations (acute infection) cannot persist for months. It would be a self limiting condition. Symptoms persist for not more than 2-3 weeks. Afterwards the individual remains asymptomatic for more than 5 -7 years or more. So your symptoms are not related to HIV. A physician or an ENT surgeon can diagnose your problem. Consult your physician and get well soon.
Dr S Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 45 hours later
Hi Doctor,

I am agree that hiv is not my problem , but what could be the issue of such extream physical discomfort.

I have tested as mentioned below-
1- day 37, 86,180 - hiv 1-2 antibody --- negative
2- Day 37 , Day 86 - Hep B and C - negative
3 Day 87- hiv 1 PCR RNA quantitative - result < 72 ul/ml.
4- Day 87 - VDRL - negative
5- Day 37 HSV 1-2 - negativ

What i am looking for , my symptoms is anyway if related to any other STD if i need to test for or atleat i am safe to say that no STD's are my problem and m free from them wrt to symptoms and test results.
That for my symptoms
Soar throat
Lump on the back of my throat
Fatige, dizziness and chest pain
Nausea and vomating feeling
Burning mouth and tongue
My physician is suggesting me all are related to stress and anxiety ( yes i had anxiety from last 6 months) and suggested me some vitamins etc.

Can anxiety cause such real symptoms and discomfort?
Should i trust all problem related to anxiety and move on addressing it with medication and exercise without keeping any fear of STD's in my mind?

I just want medical suggestion which help me to seperate these two aspects. Pls suggest me considering the above points.
Last thing doctor, i never want to go for any further test related to hiv and other stds if all are conclusive

e
Brief Answer:
Rule out Gonorrhea and Chlamydia by investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
HIV, Hepatitis, and Herpes simplex infection had been ruled out by the tests. STDs are more than 25 in number. All cannot be tested by investigations and some have to be decided by clinical presentations. But your symptoms are unlikely to be due to STD. If it is possible, you try to rule out Gonorrhea and Chlamydial infection of throat with swab culture specific for Gonococci and PCR for Chlamydia. If they also are negative, then your symptoms are unlikely to be due to STD/HIV. Culture for nonSTD organisms have to be ruled out. If everything are negative, then your symptoms are likely to be due to anxiety.
Dr S Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 39 hours later
Hi Doctor,

I went to my doctor and requested him for Gonorrhea and Chlamydial , he asked for my medical history and recommended since i have crossed 6 month post my protected encounter and has no symptoms matching ( discharge etc) so he denied of any further testing.
Morever my 4 hiv test are negative along with hep B, C neg test at 87days. I have no clue how to eradicate all such physical issues and with high trust move on to my life.
From last 1 week, my fatigue and head spins are more intense and severe. Can stress of 6 months makes my body so weak that its responding back in such a way.
Is especially antibody test in XXXXXXX ( all 3 test with same lab- XXXXXXX hospital) conclusive at 37 days , 87 days and 6 month mark with full 100% confidence.

Do u thing i should tested for mono or EBV , since my exposure was more on to deep tongue kissing and i suspect girl was hiv positive.Post kissing of 2-3 hours i have brushed my teeth at morning and then she kissed me again before leaving(Does it make any diffrence).

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Once again assure you that you are HIV free.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I can say that you are free from HIV 1 and 2 infection. Your results are final.
Regarding other STDs, follow the advice of your Doctor. It is your doctor's duty to find out the cause for your problems with the help of examination, investigations and if necessary with the help of other specialists help.
Regarding EBV also, your doctor will guide you further. Don't imagin that the girl is a HIV positive individual. There is every possibility that she would be HIV free.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist