Is HIV DUO COMBO test done post 26 days of exposure conclusive?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Doctor,

I did HIV PCR RNA test on 26th day and HIV DUO COMBO test on 43rd day of exposure.
The result is negative.

Since last month small red spot are appearing on lower part my chest which come and go in 3-4 days of time.

Dr pls give me some advice! Whether i am infected with HIV. And whether i have to go for test as i have complete 88 days of exposure.

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The test is confirmatory. no need of further tests.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I have gone through your complete query and after diligently examining all the reports I reassure you fully that you do not require any further testing.

The PCR test done at 28 th days is sufficient to declare yourself negative. The PCR test is most conformatory after 14 to 21 days of exposure.

In your case as it is done on 28 the day so you don't require any further testing. I reassure you fully that you are healthy and fit.

The eruptions as you have explained does not seems to be related to HIV.

So allay your fears and relax yourself.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 9 days later
Thank you for your expertise... to add few more information. On 94th day i tested for HIV DUO and TRI-DOT which came out negative. Just one advice require whether i need further testing or not and can i have unprotected sex with my part. Pls advice. Thanks for your support
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can continue normal relationship.

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome back and thanks for posting your further concern.

Based on all the results I reassure you that you don't require any further tests.You can continue with your normal relationship with your partner.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee