Is HIV 4th generation combination test done 85 days post exposure conclusive?

Question
I got tested for hiv combo cmia test at 85 days, 90 days and 110 days post exposure. All were negative with 0.13, 0.14 and 0.17 scores.
1. Is hiv combo test reliable and accurate in India?
2. Should I go for Elisa teat as well?
3.If i am negative then why are my readings increasing, can they reach the cutoff mark of 1 in future?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:

The HIV 4th generation combination test is more accurate than the ELISA. Given the negative results you had with the 4th generation test, there is no need to have either further combo tests nor an ELISA.

Your readings are not near the cut off. The difference between 0.13 and 0.17 is minuscule (0.04) and may just be within the range of lab error - you can double check on that being the case with the lab(s) that did your tests. But they are no where near the cut off of 1.0. That each was slightly more than the next does not mean that your values are climbing.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Follow-up: Is HIV 4th generation combination test done 85 days post exposure conclusive? 9 minutes later
Does this mean that i am free from hiv? Also, is CMIA test reliable in India?

Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this

Detailed Answer:
As long as you have not had further high risk exposures (unprotected sex with untested or high risk partners, or shared IV needle use/blood exposures) then yes, you can consider yourself free from HIV.

I don't know much about XXXXXXX laboratories as I am in the US. You might ask for an XXXXXXX pathologist on health care magic to confirm that there is good regulation for labs that do this kind of testing. You can do this by asking your question and writing at the beginning of it "For XXXXXXX Pathologist or Microbiologist ONLY". It might take awhile until one is online and sees your question, but this would be the best way to find out more about that.

Follow-up: Is HIV 4th generation combination test done 85 days post exposure conclusive? 34 minutes later
Thanks a ton

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your welcome

Detailed Answer:
Your welcome!

Best regards,
Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, MD