question-icon

Is HIV-1 RNA test done 60 days post exposure conclusive?

Posted on Mon, 11 Jul 2016
Question: How accurate is a HIV-1 RNA Qualitative TMA test when done 60 days after possible exposure? I had the test and it was negative. Is this conclusive... or should I get tested again?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV 1 infection beyond any doubt.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Welcome to HCM.

Qualitative RNA PCR TMA test 60 days after the risk activities is very much conclusive and you need no further test for HIV 1 infection. The negative test ruled out the possibility of HIV 1 infection. HIV 1 infection is the most commonest HIV infection up to the extent of more than 99% throughout the world except in certain parts of XXXXXXX

Dr S Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist