• question-icon

Is HHSONE fairness cream safe for a 4 month old infant?

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
Can I use HHSONE for my 4 months old baby for fairness skin?
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I won't recommend HHSONE as a fairness cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for asking on this platform

HHSONE contains mometasone a medium potency steroid.Fairness of skin can be seen after initial few days of application of steroid and this is due to decreased function/number of color producing cell.Once if you stop using this cream skin color gets back to normal.
Prolong use of steroid (usually more than 2 weeks)can cause rebound hyperpigmentation,thinning of skin,redness,increased hair production and increased fragility of skin with prominence of veins.
So it should never be used afters a fairness cream because of known and severe side effects.
Skin of infants is much more delicate than adults and chances of side effects are much higher.So I won't recommend this for use in your baby as a fairness cream.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more queries.
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 5 hours later
Thank You sir for your reply.
i would like to ask 1 more question about this cream that is one of my Niece is using this cream since more than 8 years, her name is XXXXXXX now she is about 12 years old but we did not find any side effects & her skin also very healthy, how it is possible?, i also heard that this cream was introduced in Germany & the German Company is giving assurance of this cream has no side effects because this cream is suitable only for German's weather, is it true? & also i heard that this cream is suitable only for few blood groups, whether it is true or not? please reply as soon as possible.

thanks in advanced
XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
No such article which supports it's use as fairness cream

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up
There is no such article which supports the role of HHSONE as a fairness cream.As HHSONE contains mometasone a moderately potent steroid its side effects will remain same as other mometasone products.
I suggest you not to believe on false claim and advertisements.Regarding long term use by your niece without any side effect,to me it appears to be quite uncommon.
So again I wont recommend you for its use as a fairness cream in your infant on cost of various known side effects.

Thanks and regards
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 14 hours later
Okay Sir,
Shall i use Atogla Cream & lotion for my baby ? or is there any better cream & lotion other than this? please suggest me THE BEST fairness cream & lotion for baby, if it is very costly also no problem but it must be harmless & should give the best result, because cost does not matter for me, baby is important,
please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You So Much For Your Valuable Guidance.
regards
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use atogla cream

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again

Atogla contains aloe Vera and it keeps skin moist and nourishes it.You can also use other herbal products like turmeric but I request you not to get obsessed for white skin.Color of skin mainly depends on genetics and most of the cosmetic item available in the market contains harmful ingredient(some contains mercury)to which children are highly susceptible.
I suggest you to give the baby proper nutrition,apply good moisturiser to keep skin moist,avoid direct exposure to the sun light and if needed use some herbal home made products.

Thanks and regards
Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology