question-icon

Is HCG regimen advisable for a patient with enlarged testicle?

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016
Question: I am a 60-year-old male. I have just started a HCG regimen. However I have a side effect of an enlarged right testicle. Should I stop taking it all together. Is there anything I can do to reduce the enlarged testicle. Please help at the moment my prescription is 22.5 injectable. I have only taken it once a day for three days.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Yes you can stop the supplement

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

Your concern is appreciated

Yes, you should and can stop the supplement abruptly. An ultrasound of the scrotum needs to be done to look for the contents whether it's an enlarged testis or there is an additional fluid filled sac or growth or free fluid. Nephropathy also needs to be ruled out. An ultrasound of the abdomenand pelvis can also be done to look for associated causes.

let me know if you have any query

Hope it helps

wishing you best of health

Please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action

Thanks.

Dr M.S Khalil
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil