Is Glutax an effective medication for skin lightening?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Jan 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dermatologist,

Glutax skin whitening treatment is becoming very popular these days. How will you rate it? . Should a dark girl/boy go for it?
Any complications?

Please share info on this.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glutathione can help for a brief period

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Glutathione cream like any other skin lightening cream works well but the response remains only till the time you use it.
There is no permanent measure to make skin fairer as it is genetically determined.
Use sunscreen on regular basis.
Letme know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 days later
Ok, but I am talking about glutathione injection therapy. Which controls black pigments growth beneath skin ... In an article, it was mentioned that Actress kajol also went through this therapy and we can see the difference in her... It's not over skin makeup. Please guide me, What's this treatment is... Lots of untrusted products are available in the market for this...I need info of the treatment...
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not approved by US FDA

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Glutathione injections can be helpful but you nèed to continue these shots.
On stoppage the skin color will revert back.
Glutathione injections are not approved by US FDA that means it's safety is not established.
Based on this information you can decide about treatment.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng