Is GGT level of 881 a cause for concern?

Posted on Tue, 29 Aug 2017 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: My GGT is 881. What do I do?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

The GGT test is positive in your case. This means there is a problem with the liver or bile ducts, usually caused by heavy use of alcohol. You need to see a primary care doctor to further assess for liver disease, and if you are an alcoholic, you need to see a psychiatrist for treatment of addiction. Treatment of addiction can include the use of medications such as naltrexone and Antabuse, or through therapy and use of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist