Is GGT level of 118 a cause for concern?
And one more thing I don't know why it has raised bcoz the last time I drink was in July nd this is November but yes I HV do consumed paracetamol is this the reason..?
Plz tply me fast I'm waiting
Nothing to worry
GGT will be raised in regular or binge alcoholics. Though the last time your drink was over a month it takes at least three months for the raised GGT due to alcohol to get back to baseline levels.
Second for few people the baseline levels of GGT are high.
Third Just an isolated GGT levels would not debar a person for any reason. They need to be serially checked. Any good clinician will know it.
Paracetamol could be a reason over the alcoholic liver to raise GGT but the effect will wean off in few days.
All I want to say is only GGT raise would not cause medical concerns we have to take a whole picture of the liver enzymes including alk phosphatase, SGPT, SGOT.
Let me know if anything else is bothering you. Thank you again for the opportunity.
Serious raise in enzymes
I am sorry for a delayed reply.
I am not sure if consuming lemon can help you tomorrow's tests but certainly there is something important to discuss here.
You seem to have very high liver enzymes including SGOT and SGPT. I generally see these in people who have compromised liver function.
If these results are true and remain elevated with the tomorrow's report I suggest you meet the Gastroenterologist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes low ggt levels in blood
- Can zolpidem cause hight ggt levels
- Can cistitis cause higher ggt levels
- Is an increasing ggt level a cause for concern
- High ggt level tiredness
- What causes elevated ggt level
- What causes rise in alt and ggt levels
- Rosuvas cause high ggt levels
- Ggt lower ggt levels herbs
- What causes high ggt levels
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?