Is Forteo the same as Fosamax?
No.They are entirely different chemicals.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.
No, forteo is teriparatide and fosamax is Alendronate.So, they are completely different chemicals. You can't replace one with another. You should discuss your issues with a Rheumatologist.
Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
Its fine if you already had an ortho consultation.
Thanks for being in follow-up.
That's fine if you had consulted an ortho specialist. I was just suggesting a Rheumatologist for osteoporosis.
Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up else please close the thread, and write a review.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is frequent headache a sign of multiple sclerosis?
- Suggest ways to use Scopolamine patch
- Suggest treatment for fever while having Parkinson's disease
- Suggest treatment for severe spasms and pain in the back and neck
- What causes dizziness and tingling sensation in the body while treating...
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in the fingers?
- What does the brain CT scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the finger post an injury
- What causes sudden weakness on left side of the body?
- Are surgical corrections available for persistent muscle pain in scrotal...