question-icon

Is Fluoxetine effective at treating premature ejaculation?

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018
Question: I had a doctor prescribe for me Fluoxetine 40 mg . for my premature ejaculation . Do i use it whenever I want ? or do I use it prior any sexual activity?
Thank yiu
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Fluoxetine is to be taken prior to a planned sexual activity.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You are facing problem of Premature ejaculation and have been prescribed Fluoxetine .

Fluoxetine is to be taken one hour before planned sexual activity and not whenever you want .

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist