question-icon

Is Fluconazole effective at treating blackened skin near the neck and face?

Posted on Thu, 4 Oct 2018
Question: My sister (age-26) has skin problem.some part of skin has become black on neck,back & face, spreading more. Doctor suggested to take Fluconazole tablet 150 mg once in a week for one month. Should she take the tablet.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Upload pictures

Detailed Answer:

Brown spots could be due to pityriasis versicolor which is a superficial fungal infection of the skin.

Fluconazole is an antifungal drug. Yes, she can take this tablet. This tablet can have side effects.

I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist