Is Fleet Enema an effective medication to promote bowel movement while suffering from constipation?
If you can do enema, I recommend it. Else, go to an urgent room!
When we get too constipated, the stool at the exit is so hard that no amount of laxative would eventually make its way there to clear it off. We call this a fecaloma. Enema or a rectal exam with manual removal are your best options at this time.
If you can do enema well, try that first. If it fails or you are not able to administer enema, visit the nearest health facility to your home for relief.
I wish you well.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fleet enema side effects
- What are the side effects of fleet enema for children?
- Fleet enema constipation
- Fleet enema colitis
- I am suffering from constipation, can i take fleet enema?
- Fleet enema effects
- Has anyone used fleet enemas for constipation do they work
- What are the side effects of fleet enema?
- Pregnant suffering from constipation bleeding during bowel movements medication
- Difficulty in bowel movement tried suppositories fleet enemas treatment