question-icon

Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?

Posted on Thu, 11 Apr 2019
Question: Hii...can u plz tell me that fertyl M tablet is for men or women...my doctor has recommended fertyl M for me and fertyl 50 mg for my wife?
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Tab. Fertyl-M is for both men and women with different indications.

Detailed Answer:

As per your history, I think you are taking treatment for infertility. The content of both tablets i.e. Tab. Fertyl-M and Fertyl is the same i.e. Clomiphene Citrate. These tablets are used for both male and female for infertility.

In case of male infertility, it's used to increase sperm count and it works as anti-oxidants.

In case of female infertility, this drug act as ovulation stimulator and it's used along with the ovulation kit to detect the day of ovulation.

I will suggest you to continue these medications as advised and do regular follow up with infertility clinic.

I think this will clarify your concerns. I hope I have answered your query.

Thank you. Take care.

Dr. Shyam B. Kale
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Shyam B. Kale