Is Fastin effective in weight loss and building up stamina?

Question
will fastin give you enery as well make you lose weight,i ordered adipex two months ago and it didn't work
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Karen Steinberg 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Adipex and Fastin are the same medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Adipex and Fastin are brand names for the drug phentermine. This drug is basically an amphetamine. In that sense, it can "give you energy". It suppresses the appetite, so you eat less and hopefully lose weight.

Generally, I don't recommend using such drugs for weight loss. They often aren't particularly effective, and even if you lose weight, once you're off them, the weight comes back. And as amphetamines they can cause serious side effects, particularly on the heart. They are potentially dangerous.

I don't know where you got the recent Adipex prescription, but perhaps it was a different dose than what worked for you in the past. If you feel strongly about taking this drug, I urge you to see your doctor first to be sure you have no underlying conditions that it could aggravate. The doctor should then see you periodically while you are taking it to be sure problems aren't developing.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further questions, I would be happy to answer them.