Is FBS of 135-150 and PPBS of 160-180 a cause for concern?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Diabetes
Question: Sir, I'm XXXXXXX 40 years old. I had type 2 diabetes last 12 years. Sugar level almost controlled last 12 years. Now i'm having 2 mg Amaryl in the morning before breakfast and Gycomet 500 mg after break fast and dinner. Present sugar level is fasting 135-150, and pp 160-180. And please tell me what are the blood tests will taken at this age for me to know my health condition. please advise me.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestiond

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read the query.
I think I can help you.

First, the following tests are needed.
CBC , KFT with electrolytes, USG abdomen, HbA1C, lipid profile, vitamin D, urine routine and microalbumin, echocardiography, and due test for retinopathy.

ComING to the sugars.
I think the levels are OK.
they are not too tightly controlled.
Too tight a control increases the cardiac risk and should be avoided.
Still I feel that the glycomet dose can be hiked mildly.
I am assuming that you are already controlling your diet, and follow regular exercises.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
Feel free to contact me for any clarification.
Best of luck, Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana