Is Excedrin Migraine safe for sinus headache in a child?
Give OTC pain killer only.
Welcome to HCM.
I have read your query and understand the concern.
Since your grandson is already taking concerta, Prozac, singulair and allegra and if he is having only headache then better to give only OTC pain killer like paracetamol 500 mg if his weight is more than 40kg or motrin 400 mg would also be equally effective but give motrin along with some antacid (pantoprazole) to avoid gastric trouble.
There is no need to take Excedrin which contains three ingredients acetaminophen, aspirin along with caffeine.
Also,allow him to take complete bed rest and give plenty of fluids (simple water or lemon water) with lots of fruit juices (apple juice would be best).
It would be important to maintain proper hydration and electrolyte balance which in turn will help to reduce headache.
Avoid oily/spicy/fatty food and give bland diet only for initial few days.
Hope this helps and let me know if I can help you more.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Substitute for excedrin migraine pills
- Excedrin migraine nitroglycerin
- Vyvanse and benadryl and excedrin migraine
- Excedrin migraine vs tylenol
- Excedrin migraine green stool
- Take excedrin migraine and mucinex
- Oxyelite pro and excedrine migrain
- Excedrin migraine extra strength
- Mucinex excedrin migraine
- Clarithromycin and excedrin migraine
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?