Is Eukroma cream the right treatment for pigmentation on the nose?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi Dr.Kakkar,

Hoping to find you in the best of the health and happiness.I had written to you regarding the pigmentation I developed on my nose.You had mentioned about some cream to be applied.I visited a skin dermatologist in Pune(Dr. XXXXXXX Tawade) who said that the pigmentation was the post result of Chickungunia.I did mention to you that I had fever for a few days post which the pigmentation developed.The doctor said that this pigmentation is very common in cases of Chikungunia and always occurs on the tip of the noise.As of now I have been told to take Limcee (Vitamin C Chewable) twice a day and apply Eukroma cream at bed time.
I thought i should inform & keep you posted about this.

Thanks a lot doctor.

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kojic acid is a depigmenting agent

Detailed Answer:
hi. thank you for your follow.

Eukroma cream contains kojic acid which is a skin demelanising agent and should help along with oral viramin C.

regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar