• question-icon

Is Elica test done post 3 months of exposure conclusive?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi Doctor,
I have a small incident, where in one lady had rubbed her breast on my face this was in one strip club. It happened with out my intention. I got fear of hiv in a way that her breast milk might have entered my mouth or eyes. So after this incident i had a hiv eclia test after 3 months & 10days ie totally 100 days. It was negative and i was happy. But after searching some blogs it is says that it will confirmed only after 6 months. I had a test again after 6 months hiv spot test it was also negative. Do i conclude this as negative. Do i need to repeat the test again after 6 months. Please help me Doctor i am having a traumatic experience
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No further test is required.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM. I have gone through your query and understand the concern you are worried about.

HIV is not transmitted through rubbing of breasts on the body and human saliva is also not the fluid that transmits HIV so no need to worry at all.

The test result after 6 months is 100% reliable and conclusive so no further test is required for HIV as you are absolutely safe and free from the risk.

Be relaxed and don't forget to stay away from such activities in future. Always stay happy and healthy. For any further query get back to me any time.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 21 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am bit relaxed now, but i have some questions due to curiosity.
1) I had taken test which is spot test at 6 months do this test is accurate if so now i could consider that in lifetime i don't need to be worry/think about this.
2) Actually due to stress and anxiety i had consulted a psychiatrist and he had given medicine and shall i stop taking it.

Thank you doctor, thanks for your help and advice. I am ruling out every thing from my mind. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The rapid spot test is accurate after 6 months.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The rapid spot test after 6 months is highly reliable and accurate because it detects antibody and the window period for HIV is 15 days to 3 months. So you need not to worry about this exposure.

I am very happy to hear that you are feeling little bit relaxed now and don't think you have to continue medicines for stress or anxiety so stop them after consulting the psychiatrist. Forget about the past and move ahead in life. Stay happy and healthy.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist