Is Elica test done post 3 months of exposure conclusive?
I have a small incident, where in one lady had rubbed her breast on my face this was in one strip club. It happened with out my intention. I got fear of hiv in a way that her breast milk might have entered my mouth or eyes. So after this incident i had a hiv eclia test after 3 months & 10days ie totally 100 days. It was negative and i was happy. But after searching some blogs it is says that it will confirmed only after 6 months. I had a test again after 6 months hiv spot test it was also negative. Do i conclude this as negative. Do i need to repeat the test again after 6 months. Please help me Doctor i am having a traumatic experience
No further test is required.
Welcome to HCM. I have gone through your query and understand the concern you are worried about.
HIV is not transmitted through rubbing of breasts on the body and human saliva is also not the fluid that transmits HIV so no need to worry at all.
The test result after 6 months is 100% reliable and conclusive so no further test is required for HIV as you are absolutely safe and free from the risk.
Be relaxed and don't forget to stay away from such activities in future. Always stay happy and healthy. For any further query get back to me any time.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am bit relaxed now, but i have some questions due to curiosity.
1) I had taken test which is spot test at 6 months do this test is accurate if so now i could consider that in lifetime i don't need to be worry/think about this.
2) Actually due to stress and anxiety i had consulted a psychiatrist and he had given medicine and shall i stop taking it.
Thank you doctor, thanks for your help and advice. I am ruling out every thing from my mind. Thanks again.
The rapid spot test is accurate after 6 months.
Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.
The rapid spot test after 6 months is highly reliable and accurate because it detects antibody and the window period for HIV is 15 days to 3 months. So you need not to worry about this exposure.
I am very happy to hear that you are feeling little bit relaxed now and don't think you have to continue medicines for stress or anxiety so stop them after consulting the psychiatrist. Forget about the past and move ahead in life. Stay happy and healthy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is six months conclusive for hiv test
- Hiv test 14 months conclusive
- Is hiv antibody and rna test conclusive at 6 months
- Is 7 month hiv blood test conclusive
- Hiv test in five month and five days is conclusive
- Elisa 2 months test conclusive
- How accurate is an hiv test after three months post exposure
- Negative hiv test after 3 months is it conclusive
- Negative elisa test after 3 months is conclusive
- Hiv elisa test is conclusive at 5 and half months