Is Ecoflox an effective medication for typhoid fever?
Ecoflox is OFLOXACIN, mild antibiotic
Thanks for the query.
ECOFLOX is used for Typhoid fever also. It is a mild antibiotic and used for suspicious typhoid fever. So I think you should not worry now. The doctor could have chosen a moderate antibiotic as well. The antibiotic would run at least for 14 days. Meantime other symptoms like fever and abdominal pain can be controlled with other medicines CROCIN, COLOSPA. If there is diarrhoea it should be treated conservatively. The person has to take care for at least one month.
I did not understand how did you measure LEVEL 7. There are only titres that are calculated for bacterial growth.
These are titres
the quickness of sticking the antibodies produced by human body is measured on Widal test as it is difficult to culture bacteria. a titre more than 160 is considered positive if accompanied by clinical symptoms. always symptoms are very important than tests in case of typhoid fever.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Typhoid fever effects
- Typhoid fever brain effects
- Effects of alcohol on typhoid fever
- Medical treatment for typhoid fever
- Medical certificate for typhoid fever specimen
- Medical certificate for typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever sample medical certificate
- After effects of typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever medical certificate format
- Drugs/medication for Typhoid fever
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?