Is Ebexid safe during pregnancy?
I am 13 weeks pregnant. Took tsh test and the value was 4.72. My doc said its slightly elevated and hence advised me to take ebexid 25 mg. is this safe to take during pregnancy or should I switch to thyronorm. I want to know whether
1. Ebexid safe in pregnancy ?
2. Thyronorm and ebexid same?
3. Is it good to switch to thyronorm than ebexid?
Thyronorm and Ebexid are not same
I suggest you to repeat the test, fasting Serum T3, T4 and TSH again. Only TSH has no importance and cannot make treatment decisions when high. It is always better to keep TSH between 1.5 to 2.5 during pregnancy, hence your doctor was saying it to be slightly elevated.
If the TSH is still over 3.5 you can seek an Endocrinologist opinion.
Ebexid is not recommended during first 14 weeks of pregnancy. Ebexid contains thyroid 15 mg, tocopheryl acetate 10 mg, thiamine mononitrate 2.5 mg, riboflavin 2.5 mg, calcium pantothenate 5 mg, pyridoxine hydrochloride 1 mg, nicotinamide 25 mg. It has oil soluble Vit E tocopherol which is not good. You can take it later after 14 weeks. It is safe during the later part of pregnancy.
Wait for next report before switching to Thyronorm
Thyronorm contains Levothyroxine sodium which is active form of Thyroid.
Hope this helps.
To answer your question it would not have caused any problem. It would be relatively safe after 14 weeks of pregnancy. You can continue. However I suggest you to repeat the test with T3, T4 and TSH. It is not a good practice only to measure TSH and treat.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to consume ebexid
- Ebexid during pregnancy
- How ebexid help for pregnancy?
- Ebexid is safe
- Ebexid tablet during first trimester
- Is it safe to take ebexid tablet during pregnancy
- When is ebexid given during pregnancy
- Ebexid tablet during 5 month pregnancy
- Ebexid for bleeding during periods
- How safe are ebexid and ovigyn-d