Is ELISA HIV test done 92 days post exposure conclusive?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Sir i had a protected expouser with a csw on 23 Oct. after episode i chaked for condom it was there but iam not sure that it was broken or intact. I tested for elisa hiv 1&2, Hcv and hsbg at 29 Days all negative. Again i tessted for hiv combo at dr lal path lab canught place index value .05 Negative at 50 days. Again At 92 Days i tested for elisa hiv 1&2, Hcv. Hsbg all negative. First and third test done at paliwal dignostic XXXXXXX franchisy of dr lal path lab and second done at dr lal path lab caunght place branch. Sir i want to know whether my test are conclusive.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No infection...

Detailed Answer:

I will take the results of the tests as conclusive. Further you report that the sexual exposure was protected. I would not be worried about infections - HIV and hepatitis in this case.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 35 hours later
thanks doctor. sir should i test for other STD,s? and what test should i take.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Consider VDRL test...

Detailed Answer:

I apologize for the late reply. I was away from internet for couple of days.

As per your description the encounter was protected at most times except in the end where you were unsure. This episode was 4 months ago and you seem to be alright since then. Therefore I don't think you were exposed to any kind of infectious threat including HIV and you are safe. If there is a test that could be done is a test to rule out syphillis. I will suggest VDRL as a screening test. If VDRL is negative, you don't need any more tests.

Hope this helps.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
once again thanks doctor. i am planing to take std panel screening test from lal path lab. i will take your advice after getting the result.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sure...

Detailed Answer:
I will await your reply...