Is Dexamethasone safe during pregnancy?
My wife is now pregnant with IVF and our fertility specialist has prescribed Dexamethasone.
I have only slightly elevated NK Cells.My beta is doubling nicely.
she is also on aspirin,she started dexamethasone 3 days before.
Her blood used to not clot so quickly as it did today on aspirin.Do you think dexamethasone cause clotting issues.Do i need heparin or stronger aspirin?
No need of another medicines
I understand your concerns.
Aspirin given after IVF is low dose (75 mg) and is not necessarily associated with visible clotting reduction. This is enough for improving blood circulation and growth of baby.
More over dexamethasone does not interfere in aspirin actions to cause clotting problem. I don't see any reason to change over to heparin or another medicines.
Let me know if you need anymore help.
My Wife is on dexamethasone 0.75 mg until 10 weeks and then taper of in next week.Is this dose safe for the baby.How and when you think she should ideally taper off.?
Also how much activity and weight lifting is allowed in first trimester of pregnancy,we have heard different advice from different doctors and hence are confused.
Is going for regular computer desk job and taking stairs fine?
Again thanks and appreciate your help!
She can work
She can work in office and climb stairs. That gives her enough exercise. No additional exercise required. Weight lifting needs to be avoided during pregnancy.
Dexamethasone can be reduced to 0.5 mg for 3 days and to 0.25 mg for next 3 days before stopping completely.
In general is dexamethasone safe during pregnancy?
Our betas are doubling nicely,but her FS gives it to people with high NK cells,she has only slightly elevated
I am sorry to bother you,but my wife has read something on internet about dexamethasone and is anxious since then.
Dexamethasone should not be continued beyond first trimester as it is not safe.
Slightly elevated NK cells are not a matter of worry. Discontinue Dexamethasone soon as it has different set of side effects.
In future you can directly contact me by pasting following link in your browser:
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dexamethasone for concussion
- Dexamethasone injection
- Dexamethasone vs dexamethasone sp
- Dexamethasone for costochondritis
- Why is dexamethasone injection given during pregnancy safe for baby
- Dexamethasone ingection in 8 month pregnancy
- Dexamethasone in pregnancy
- Procaine dexamethasone
- Is polio vaccine a contra indication during dexamethasone therapy
- Is prolonged use of dexamethasone safe
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?