Is Desonide effective in treatment of brown spots on face due to sun?

Excellent

Question
Can the desonide cream I was just prescribed really help with brown spots on my face due to the sun? It doesn't say on the label or anywhere I looked online so I'm wondering why this cream was prescribed (I went to the dermatologist for a more even toned face tone...red tones and brown spots right now. I was just sent desonide .005% to use 2times a day.
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Sun Burn

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. Help in reducing brown spots

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

Desonide .005% is a topical steroid and these steroids will help in reducing the inflammatory features and hence help in reducing the brown spots due to the sun in steroid responsive skin.

So since this was prescribed by your dermatologist after examination, continue application twice daily and have regular followup with your doctor.

I hope this information helps you and answered your concern. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you faster recovery and good health.