Is Dayquil safe to take while on Lisinopril and Lipitor?
Dayquil is known to reduce efficacy of metaprolol
welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Dayquil is combination of Pseudoephedrine HCL/D-Methorphan/Guaifensin/Acetaminiphen.
Guaifenesin is an expectorant that helps to thin and loosen mucus in the lungs, making it easier to cough up the mucus, it is known to interfere with metabolism of metaprolol. Using these medications together can make metoprolol less effective and increase the effects of Guafensin. Hence I recommend you to Contact your doctor before starting Dayquil. However Lisinopril and Liptor are not known to interact with Dayquil.
I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can i take dayquil while on cipralex
- Using clindamycin while dayquil
- Should i take vyvanse while on dayquil
- Ciprofloxacin 500 mg safe to take dayquil
- Taking dayquil after drinking
- Is zinc safe to take with lipitor
- Is it safe to take nyquil and dayquil a few hours apart
- Can i take celexa while on dayquil
- Is taking lipitor safe for pain
- Safe to take dayquil and ceftriaxone