• question-icon

Is Dapsone the right medicine for rosacea?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: what is your thoughts on dapsone for rosacea
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a good drug for rosacea especially in refractory cases!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Dapsone is used to treat Rosacea and most especially in persons who have failed to respond to other drugs or are unable to take vitamin A. If you have had difficulties controlling your condition with other medications, I will suggest you consider taking dapsone. Keep me updated should you start this medications.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 minutes later
Do you hear or know of many side effects from the drug and how safe is it compared to minocycline
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
They are both safe!

Detailed Answer:
HI,

This is a locally applied drug and as such side effects are minimal and limited to the area of application. Beyond redness and a possible local inflammatory reaction, there is no major reason to be concerned.

I wish you well and let me know if this addresses your query fully.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah