question-icon

Is Cymbalta a good medicine for depression?

Posted on Wed, 5 Mar 2014
Question: Is Cymbalta a good medicine for depression? Along with Cymbalta, I take Gabapentin, Doxepin, hydrochlorothiazide, pravastatin, Klonopin, Vitamin D and Tramadol for back pain
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer: cymbalta is a god antidepressant Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW Yes, Cymbalta is a good medicine for depression especially in a case like you. You have pains and depression and Cymbalta can be effective in both by increasing the amount of serotonin by at least 70-80% and norepinephrine in equal amount in the neuronal synapses. I think Cymbalta and Doxepine both are not needed so Doxepine can be tapered off, after consulting your doctor. Hope this is helpful. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist