Is Crocin advisable for severe throat pain?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am having severe throat pain. But i only have crocin pain relief at present at my home. Can i take that?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes you can, but further details needed for specific guidance..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX, Welcome to HCM,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Yes, you can take a single dose of Crocin Pain relief after some food, it'll provide symptomatic relief..

Now, in order to guide you more specifically, I'd request you to take a moment and go through the following questionnaire :

Since when are you having the pain ?

Is it the first time you have this symptom ?

Does it hurt to swallow/eat/drink - foods/liquids ?

Is there any difficulty speaking/ hoarseness of voice ?

Is there any fever/cough/cold/runny nose/headache/bodyache ?

Any other problems ? Are you on any particular medications for any other ailment ?

Any significant past/present medical ailments ?

Please answer them so that I can guide you more specifically..

Awaiting for your response..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee