Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Is Cranpac-D, Doxacard-2, and Niftran 100 useful for urethra stricture?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
I have been asked to take cranpac-d, doxacard-2 and niftran 100 for urethra stricture caused due to wrong catherization about 18 years back to avoid operation,\. I am now 28 years. will it be helpfull?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Stricture Urethra can not be cured by medicine. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed Stricture of the Urethra due to instrumentation (catheterisation ) attempted 18 years back., I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) have you done radiological test termed as Retrograde Cysto Urthrogram to confirm the diagnosis of Stricture Urethra? 2) Do you have to strain to pass urine ? 3)Have you done basic tests like Routine urine and Urine culture to confirm that you have UTI? 4) Urodynaemic study of Bladder and Uroflometry. Stricture urethra is a mechanical obstruction due to spongiofibrosis in urethra resulting into narrowing of the urethra and causing obstruction to flow of urine .It can not be cured with any drugs . The medicines that you have been prescribed are antibiotics and alpha adrenergic receptor blockers which help to reduce the urinary infection and relax smooth muscles in prostate to improve urine flow.The basic pathology that is narrowing of the urethral passage has to be dealt with surgical approach either by Optical Internal Urethrotomy or open surgery of Urothroplasty. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and get above mentioned tests under his guidance .The final mode of treatment will be decided by him on findings of these tests.. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor