Is Coversyl plus safe to take with Nurofen?
may affect the action of the coversyl
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Coversyl plus is a combination of perindopril and indapamide.
There is some risk of interaction between perindopril and nurofen (ibuprofen) but it may not occur with her.
It is thought that the nurofen decreases the effect of the perinopril which may cause an increase in blood pressure.
If she has a monitor at home, she would be able to check and see if this is the case. There may not be a significant change.
This effect occurs with most of the medications in this family of drugs (the NSAIDS) so there is not much of an option with this family).
In addition, with very prolonged use or frequent repetitive use, there may be an effect on the kidneys but again this only occurs if used for a long period time or used very often.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Coversyl plus insomnia
- Coversyl plus problems
- Coversyl plus and rapid heartbeat
- Drinking alcohol while taking coversyl plus
- Coversyl plus and biaxin interactions
- Coversyl plus and fast heartbeat
- Coversyl plus and erectile dysfunction
- Coversyl plus impotent
- Coversyl plus and lipitor
- What is the best time of the day to take coversyl plus
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...