Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Is Coriminic Tablet advisable for allergic sneezing?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 709 Questions
I had allergic rhinitis ( sneezes that wet hankerchief after hankerchief ) and nose becoming a source of water God knowing from where it came from) last episode was some 4 yrs back and i could buy Actifed in market,now Actifed is not available in medical shops. From a dispensary counter I got Coriminic Tablets that has Phenyephrine XXXXXXX 10mg and Chlorphenaramine Maleate 4mg.Should I take this for the sneezy allergy and the XXXXXXX dose per dayThanks
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you can take. Please see below for the details Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX You can take Coriminic tablet. But i would prefer you to take tablets that contain only anti histamines like cetirizine. Coriminic contains central decongestant (phenylephrine HCL) that are required only if you have a blocked nose. Besides central decongestants come with unwanted side effects. Cetirizin is the preffered drug since it causes very minimal drowsiness as compared to chlorpheniramine maleate. Dose of cetirizine is 10 mg per day. Do not drink alcohol or drive or operate heavy machinery when you take any antihistamines because they can cause drowsiness. Rememeber to drink lots of water during episodes of running nose since you are losing water rapidly. Also for your information antihistamine sprays are also available. They are sprayed directly into the nose and hence are free from side effects like drowsiness. They are not available over the counter. You can talk to your ENT about it. And by the way maximum dose of coriminic is 3 per day. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor