Is Cocaine ingestion fatal?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: My friend died from indigestion of cocaine and alcohol. Does this mean he swallowed the cocaine?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

No, this doesn't mean he swallowed the cocaine. Swallowed cocaine is not fatal. More likely he snorted or injected it, resulting in his heart going into vasospasm, leading to a heart attack and death.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj