Is Clonidine suitable for an 8 yr old child with ADHD?
100microgram clonidine is suitable dose.
Welcome to HCM.
I understand your concerns for your child.
100 microgram clonidine is appropriate and safe for your 8 year old child.
The maximum dose of clonidine is 400 microgram.
You should particularly take care if your child develops upper respiratory tract infections.
It can also cause irritability in some children.
Also, frequent monitoring of child's blood pressure is advisable.
So, increment in dose has to be carefully done, keeping in mind whether the irritable behaviour of child is due to drug or disease.
Your treating doctor wpuld be the best judge for this.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
irritability can cause anger outbursts.
You are most welcome :)
Irritability as a symptom needs proper evaluation. In children, irritability can be a part of ADHD, mood disorder, autism spectrum disorder.
Yes irritability can be a symptom of ADHD.
This can cause anger outbursts in child.
Increasing the dose of clonidine can help.
I wish good health for your child.
Kindly close the discussion if you have no more queries and give your valuable feedback.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child diagnosed with adhd prescribed concerta what to do
- Child taking focalin for adhd proper medication
- Can my child possibly have adhd
- How to treat twin child with adhd and explosive behavior
- How to deal with child having adhd
- Adhd or not
- Long-acting clonidine for adhd
- Adhd symptoms 4 year old
- Adhd 7 year old boy
- Child with adhd need medication
- How to reduce weight?
- Suggest treatment for increase libido
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- What causes fear of disease or death, dizziness, heaviness in head and SOB?
- What causes digestion problem after having Dicorate ER?
- Can ED medicines be taken along with diabetes medications?
- Suggest treatment for clots on legs while weaning off Adderall
- Suggest treatment for MDD and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder