Is Clomid a safe medicine?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 in Women's Health
Question: is clomid bad because im having a problem in making a baby because of low progesterone my doctor told me im not ovulating because of that so i need booster im afraid lots of people told me it could make complications for your body and some people will have like water bubbles on the uterus and ovaries.. on the other hand some people say that they got twins and triplets from this medicine .. im confused i dont know who to believe and im afraid to take things that may effect me in another way .. the dr also gave me primolut nor medicine i dont know why but i still didnt use anything .. by the way my uterus and all the checkup was good .. only low progesterone.. can you please help me im worried i want to have a baby soon im married 1 year 2 months and i've been trying since february 2014 with no luck
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can start with clomid

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

If your doctor have confirmed that your progesterone is low and you are not able to ovulate.
Clomid is very effective.
It has side effects but if you start to use it with the lowest dose, 50 mg per day in the second day of your periods for 5 days,they are minimal.
You have favors because your uterus and ovaries have a normal morphology.
Take folic acid 400 micro gram per day and be calm.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 33 minutes later
Thank u dr for ur reply

I was so scared my dr didnt give any details that kept me wondering how serious my issue is

Anyway

I wanted to mention that my period on july was the time i made all the tests
And after it i had a delay my cycle came after 40 days on august 23 rd

Then after that delay on sept and oct my period came both times after 29 days which is my normal between 27-30 days cycle

So know my last period was on 20 oct

I was suppose to ovulate this tuesday

So i bought an ovulation test and checked on sunday and monday it showed negative ovulation so i was depressed and stopped checking

I thought maybe my low progesteron on july was because of my messy cycle that happened on july because of depression and change of my food habit

But now again i lost hope after checking with the ovulation test

If no ovulation it still means i dont have enough progesteron

If my cycle was on oct 20 when should i ovulate

And what does folic acid 400 can do for me ?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Low progesterone ,no ovulation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again.

If you have low progesterone this show to us that you are not able to ovulate.
Hence your doctor have suggested to take clomid ,to induce ovulation.

Primolut is used in your case to increase low progesterone to breakthrough your periods and than you can continue with clomid .

Folic acid is used 3 months prior to any pregnancy because it reduces the risk for abnormalities like spina bifida.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Thanks dr

I will use folic acid and see what happens next appointment

Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
OK

Detailed Answer:
Hi!
You are welcome to HCM .

REGARDS DR.VJOLLCA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju