question-icon

Is Clindamycin Effective At Treating Chest Infection?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: i have a chest infection an have green stuff can the clindamycin help for that?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Clindamycin is not a good choice

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic,

I can understand your concern,

As you explain the history, yes, you should use antibiotic but I don't think Clindamycin is the best choice here.

Clarithromycin can help better in this situation and is the first choice for the lung infections.

You need a mucolytic for fluidification of the secretions too.

Try to drink a lot of water and in case of fever, Paracetamol may help.

Please be careful with the choice of antibiotics.

You can talk with your doctor/visit the nearby urgent care and for sure they will prescribe it for you.

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist