Is Ciprofloxacin the right medication for kidney infection?
It is safe but should be used with caution and in proper need
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.
Based on the history you have shared, it can be safely said that though side effects does exist for every drug which is used but doctor has to decide after weighing the benefits with risks, whether to precribed a certain drug or not.
In your case it is better to confirm urinary tract infection after getting urinannalysis done and then getting cultures, (if infection is confirmed) to isolate the causing organism and what antibiotics are effective on it. If ciprofloxacin is shown to be sensitive to that bug, it can be used then for 5-7 days in the doses that you have mentioned. Meanwhile drink lots of water and fluids. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Kidney infection and pain in ovaries
- Drugs/medication for acute kidney infection
- Drugs/medication for recurrent kidney infection
- Kidney infection and kidney failure
- Kidney infection or kidney disease
- Kidney infection period tampon
- Kidney infection pain down right leg
- Does ciprofloxacin treat kidney infections
- Kidney infection black stools
- Drugs/medication for kidney infections