Is Ciprofloxacin effective in treatment of infected ingrown hair?
Yes, Cipro can treat this kind of infection
I am sorry you are having an ingrown hair problem.
Generally oral antibiotics are reserved for ingrown hair infections if there is a bad infection, or if multiple sites are infected. Cipro can be used to treat skin infections.
Other things that can be of benefit:
Hot wet compresses: I usually recommend hot soaks or hot compresses, depending on the area affected, for any skin infections. Bacteria that like to infect the skin have specific temperatures (around skin temp) that they thrive in, and heating the skin up both draws blood to the area (which includes more white blood cells to help fight the infection) and increases the skin temp which is not favorable for the bacteria. But be careful not to make it too hot and burn the skin. If you can, do this several times a day such as before work, after work, and at bedtime. You can just stand over the sink with a wash cloth, soaking it under warm/hot water and putting this on the infected area, then repeating.
If there is much skin inflammation, over the counter topical steroid creams can help.
If you have a recurring problem:
Retin A can help reduce pigment changes from this, and helps remove dead skin.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let me know if there is anything further I can help clarify or answer on the topic.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ingrown hair treatment waistline
- Treatment for ingrown hair bumps
- Kalo ingrown hair treatment
- Desonide for ingrown hairs infection
- Ingrown hairs on belly treatment
- Infected ingrown hair treatment
- Pregnant and infected ingrown hair treatment
- Ingrown hair infection in nose
- Treatment and cure for ingrown hair infection
- Ingrown hair treatment nhs
- What causes persistent headache along with depression and misery at work?
- Can i take Benadryl and Chlorpheniramine for bee sting?
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for fibromyalgia, chronic neuropathy, OA and skeletal...
- What causes eye floaters?
- Is it necessary to be tested for cancer inspite of having family history...
- Suggest treatment for elevated systolic pressure despite medication
- Suggest treatment for severe stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for Ménière's disease
- Suggest treatment for dyslexia