Is Cipralex advisable while on massage therapy for back pain?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Does therapy massage interact with cipralex? I just started a session today for my back and neck, and had some headache, nausea and a little lightheaded after it.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
there is no known interaction

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

No, there is no known interaction between the cipralex and massage therapy.

Cipralex can interact with some medications so if you are on any other medications they can be checked against the cipralex.

It is possible that you may have reacted to any oils or other substances used during the massage.

If the headache is severe then the use of pain medication such as paracetamol/tylenol, may help you.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions