Is Cephalexin the right antibiotic for cellulitis?
it's a reasonable choice
cephalexin is a reasonable choice for a mild case of cellulitis. If there are collections of pus anywhere in the leg then drainage is also needed.
For more severe cellulitis intravenous treatment might be needed.
it's a lot of time since then
it's almost 20 days since we last talked about this. Do you still take cephalexin? Have you visited your doctor? A lot of days have passed and you should have been OK by now. The usual duration of treatment is approximately a week for home treatment or a couple of weeks for intravenous treatment (for more serious cellulitis). Of course there are cases with slower resolution but three weeks seems like a lot of time for a presumably mild case. Perhaps this antibiotic is not the right one for you... Make sure you visit your doctor for assessment of your condition.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cellulitis spreading after antibiotics
- Oral antibiotics for cellulitis
- Most common antibiotic for cellulitis
- Antibiotic used to treat cellulitis
- Cellulitis and cephalexin
- Antibiotic choice for cellulitis
- Intravenous antibiotics for cellulitis
- Leg cellulitis treatment antibiotics
- Iv antibiotics for cellulitis
- Cellulitis not responding to antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?