Is Black Cohosh effective at treating diarrhea with hot flashes?
Initial workup should be laboratory exclusion of carcinoid syndrome
Distribution and duration of the hot flashes, its association with sweating and diarrhea suggests carcinoid syndrome.
In this disease carcinoid tumors in the body (located mostly in the gastrointestinal tract), secretes certain chemicals (serotonin and other kinins) that cause skin flushing, diarrhea and/or difficulty breathing (bronchospasm).
It is a very rare disease and should be excluded in your case.
Please, meet your Doctor to get prescribed a test called 24 hour of urinary excretion of 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) which is the first diagnostic test to diagnose carcinoid syndrome. The test is different from routine urine tests.
If the test is equivocal your doctor may confirm the negative 5-HIAA test with blood chromogranin A test.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Malik, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea and hot flashes in third trimester
- Abdominal pain hot flash diarrhea light headedness
- Frequent urination hot flashes nausea diarrhea
- Will duavee treat hot flashes?
- Nausea dizziness diarrhea hot flashes stomach ache
- Woke up with diarrhea, nausea, dizziness and hot flashes
- Clonidine for treating hot flashes
- Waves of nausea diarrhea and hot flashes
- Black cohosh hot flashes
- Itchy palms diarrhea hot flash
- How can one identify through visual inspection that Lortab medication is...
- Is Black Cohosh effective at treating diarrhea with hot flashes?
- I was staying in XXXXXXX I came to UAE 3
- What are the symptoms of kidney stones? I have stage
- Hi, I am having pains in my upper back where
- I am recovering from respiratory infection and have bumps and
- unexplained weight loss
- I just recently purchased a bottle of gold peak green
- What's causing my light headedness? I'ts not my heart...brain...nor vertigo
- I have been have dizzy spells, chills , and muscle