Is Bicillin LA effective in treatment of recurrent cellulitis?
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into the problem I would like to tell you that Your treating doctor has aptly taken this decision . Bicillin contains penicillin and its monthly injection in this dose offers long time prophylaxis for recurring cellulitis .
Taking oral antibiotics for long time leads to a lot of complications and adversly affect Gastrointestinal linings thus harming the resident flora of the tract leading to complications such as pseudomembranous colitis . So this seems to be the most rational approach considering your situation .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck cellulitis treatment
- Homeopathic treatment for cellulitis
- Cellulitis of eyelid treatment
- Low testosterone and recurrent cellulitis
- Vancomycin for treatment of cellulitis
- Recurrent cellulitis in leg
- Medical treatment for cellulitis
- Iv treatment for cellulitis
- Cellulitis thighs treatment
- Is neosporin used in the treatment of cellulitis ?