Is Bactrim effective for an unruptured ovarian cyst?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Is bactrim effective for an unruptured vaginal cyst?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bactrim will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Bactrim is an effective antibacterial and will help in decreasing the infection in the cyst. Applying a hot compress will also help. You can also take a mild pain killer to decrease the pain in the area. Do not try to rupture the cyst as it will make you more prone to infections.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
thank you so much for your help i am so relieved you responded, a couple more questions: the bactrim should help reduce the size of the cyst, correct? also, if I do hot compresses wouldn't it cause more inflammation and cause the cyst to rupture? are hot compresses a good idea even if the cyst is still closed?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bactrim will reduce infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Bactrim will reduce the chances of infection. The size of the cyst will reduce on its own when the fluid in it gets reabsorbed.Hot compress if done carelessly can cause the cyst to rupture. But it will help to reduce the inflammation and pain.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.