question-icon

Is BLU-U treatment safe to take despite having dry eyes?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I have a sever case of "dry eyes". My doctor has recommended the Levulan Kerastick and BLU_U 4170 treatment. Can I take the BLU_U treatment with out damaging my eyes. My email is " YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan (32 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Blue-blocking eye protection wear is recommended during the procedure

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Was the Levulan Kerastick recommended for your eyes also? I am not sure whether this is safe for the eyes, so please confirm about the same with your doctor.

As for BLU U treatment, the patient and clinician performing the treatment are recommended to wear blue-blocking eye protection during the course of the treatment. So this minimizes the exposure to the eyes and keeps them safe sir, so you need not worry about this.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan