Is Augmentin the right choice for chlamydia?
Associated co-infection to be ruled out or to be treated.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Capsule Augmentin is not the right choice for Chlamydia.
Azithromycin capsules if taken as two one gram capsules then it could be the correct treatment.
If there is persistence of symptoms;
1. Rule out co-infection of Gonorrhea or Trichomans and treat if necessary.
2. Alternate choice for the treatment of chlamydia with cap. Doxycyclin can be tried.
3. Partners have to be treated.
Have plenty of fluids.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...